Friday, August 24, 2007

So, it's Friday

Yes, stating the obvious - but I am currently a "homemaker" (as my occupation is listed on our new bank account and insurance) and the days sort of run together when you don't have a job. So, it is Friday afternoon, and it is hot. 91 to be exact, and fairly humid, almost Texas humid. We are taking advantage of the warm, sunny weather and going to the beach for a picnic dinner. We have only seen Lake Ontario from a distance up till now, and this seemed like a good day to go. I don't know how cold the water is, but I am willing to bet it is at least as cold as Lake Washington - hypothermia inducing. Ah well, I still plan to get in up to my knees, and may go for an actual swim.

I managed to get the insurance changed over today, painlessly! And we got our new bank account set up, almost as painlessly. But, since I am unemployed at the moment (only because I haven't started looking...) I am a homemaker, or as Benjamin sometimes calls it - the little wifey. I don't think I am really suited to being the little wifey though - Benjamin tends to do more of the cooking, and I am not really as good a cleaner as my mother would hope! See, I have too much of my father in me, and her genes aren't really enough to counter the messiness gene. Ah well. It is supposedly a temporary situation.

Pictures from the beach tomorrow...

No comments: