Tuesday, August 21, 2007

A blog begins...


I have been thinking about starting a blog for a while now, but graduate school, work, tai chi practice, dog walking, bassooning and general overscheduling kept me from it. This past weekend, however, Benjamin and I moved from Austin, Texas, where we had been for the past six years, to Brockport, New York. As a result, I am currently unscheduled and have time to get blogging. Also, when we were saying goodbye to all our friends in Austin I promised so many people that I would start a blog that I kind of have to now.
The plan is to write about what Benjamin and I are doing up here, as we reacquaint ourselves with the four seasons (Winter? Snow? You mean summer isn't 10 months long everywhere?!) and as we explore our new territory.There will be no knitting stories, since I don't knit (sorry Bonny Anne and Jennifer), but there may be tai chi, bassooning, and cats (and a dog if I manage to get one at last). There will be pictures, assuming I remember to take the camera when we go on our jaunts...
So, check back soon for the tale of our trek from Austin to Brockport, 1600 miles through seven states in three days with
two cats and a 15' truck.

No comments: