Friday, February 13, 2009

Encyclopedia of Arkansas

When I interviewed for my job, E. asked me what my favorite reference site was, and I didn't have a very good answer. If I were asked that question today, my answer would be The Encyclopedia of Arkansas. It has well-written articles on many aspects of Arkansas's history, along with pictures and citations for further research. I used it just this morning to help answer a question Dad had about a Japanese internment camp that was located in Rowher, Arkansas during WWII. I have used it to answer multiple questions, in fact, my own and those from patrons. So, if any of y'all want to know more about my new state, take a look.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For a state that seems totally out of sinc with today's world in many ways, the state has wonderful resources. I especially like the Parks and Recreation maps, guides, etc. Arkansas is doing some things right!

snsckone said...

I have lived and gone to school in arkansas for many years ... then I moved away. I am back now and was wondering how I could learn more about the history of Arkansas and now I will go to the site that i have learned about through your blog. Thanks. I am interested in possibly becoming an archivist. My email is sns_ckone@yahoo.com and my name is Carolyn