Monday, October 27, 2008

Terrible news

There was a shooting on the UCA campus last night. We were not anywhere near it, and I only found out this morning when I was reading the newspaper, although we heard the sirens. At the time, we didn't know what they were, only that they were persistent. 2 people were killed. It doesn't sound like it was a rampage or anything, but it is still horrible. For updated news, you can check the UCA website here.

I have always thought of the schools we were at as safe places. Yes, UT was the site of the infamous Tower Shooting in the 1960s, but it seemed like that couldn't happen again. I mean, UT's police force is huge. And Brockport and UCA are smaller, less volatile sorts of places. Even if this turns out to be a domestic disturbance or gang fight or something like that, this really shakes my sense of security.

No comments: