Thursday, October 9, 2008

Make it stop

Okay. I have had enough - of the presidential campaigns, of the financial crisis, of the analysis of both on all forms of media. I think I need to take a vacation somewhere remote, where there are no TVs, radios, computers, newspapers, telegraphs, telephones... how hard do you think it would be to get a ride to the moon? Seriously, I cannot stand all the lies, spin, and analysis - I feel rather seasick.

Am I supposed to feel worried about the financial markets? I don't own a house, have very little invested (less than I used to, sigh), have my money in a small local credit union and a secure savings bank, and just don't see how it will effect me. Should I start hoarding food? I wish someone would give us some concrete advice, apart from don't panic. I don't feel panicky, I just have a headache.

Does anyone have a way to turn me into a cat until it all blows over?

No comments: