Thursday, January 31, 2008

Reading habits

My reading habits lately have changed from how I would have described them before. I used to read a lot more fiction of all kinds, and only the occasional non-fiction book. Lately, I have been reading mysteries almost exclusively for my fiction, and have been reading quite a few non-fiction books. Of the 6 fiction books I read this month, 3 of them were mysteries and 2 were "young adult." Only one of them could be considered "serious" fiction. Not that I am judging them or anything by putting those terms in quotations - just using the technical jargon.

This trend may have something to do with the library here in Brockport - there are always good looking non-fiction books on the "new books" shelves, but less interesting fiction - a lot of romances and lighter fiction. I rarely go into the actual stacks (if you can even call them that) to casually browse. So I am picking up a lot more non-fiction at random than I may have done before. And, to be honest, fiction just doesn't seem very interesting right now. Not sure why. I am sure it will change again soon. Unless I am turning into my mother - including her reading tastes!

I managed to read 10 books for January, so I am right on track for reaching my goal of 100 for the year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Turning into your mother isn't such a bad thing:)