Thursday, January 24, 2008

Hooray for racquetball

We finally renewed our gym membership at the college gym yesterday, and were able to play racquetball for the first time in over a month. It felt good (and tiring) to run around after the ball for an hour. I won 2 of the 3 games, but barely. It is amazing how out of condition you can get in that short span of time.

It is really hard to get enough aerobic exercise right now, with the weather being what it is (cold, if you haven't been paying attention). Going outside is not particularly attractive. I've been forcing myself to go on my walk every day, but the appeal has really gone out of it, especially when I have to bundle up in three layers, wrap myself up like a mummy in a scarf, and slog against the bitter arctic wind that penetrates the cracks despite the layers and the scarf. I am beginning to understand the appeal of a mid-winter vacation in the Bahamas. Anyone want to fund one for us?

No comments: