Friday, January 27, 2012

Tennis weekend coming up

In the ongoing attempt to keep life as normal as possible during pregnancy, I have entered a tennis tournament this weekend. You didn't think I would let a little thing like that get in the way of tennis taking over my life, did you?  We have been playing in an informal mixed-doubles league since November, and still have our weekly class, and now, a tournament. I haven't really played singles since October, and since the actual league season starts next month, I figured I needed some practice. (Yes, I know most of you don't know and don't care about the difference in the informal and actual league play - just read one as "for fun" and one as "serious, if we win we could be really cool" or something like that.) So, I will be playing three matches over the weekend in a round robin sort of thing. It is indoors, which is sort of a bummer, because playing outside is better, but since it is only supposed to get to 50 tomorrow, I guess inside will have to do. Actually, we did have our lessons outside both of the first two Saturdays of the year, but it was a bit warmer those days. 

Anyway, I have no idea how I will do - like I said, I haven't played singles lately, and while doubles is still tennis, it is really different in the way you play shots and how much you run around. If I win it all (bwa ha ha) I will surely let you know.

No comments: