Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Snoqualmie Falls

Eesh. I didn't realize it had been a week since I last posted. Not intended at all! Anyway, onward to this post.


One of the things we did while in Bellevue for Christmas was take a trip up to Snoqualmie Falls and the Salish Lodge. The primary objective was breakfast, and that was good - I had a salmon hash - but a very important second was the falls themselves.



No picture can really show how impressive the Falls are. They are taller than Niagara (if nowhere near as wide)! There is a power plant attached to the Falls, and as an elementary school student, I went on a field trip there, not that I remember much about it other than it was impressive.


They are great place to take out of town visitors (and the restaurant is pretty good too). The hiking trail that leads to the bottom of the falls is currently closed (until 2013, according to the website I linked above) while they are going construction, but you can still get some great views from the viewing platform or from the sight-seeing train, which doesn't run during the winter.

No comments: