Thursday, September 1, 2011

30 Days Hath September

First off, can I just say Wahoo! We have survived August, and are blessed with September. I learned yesterday that while astronomers use the equinoxes as the markers for seasons, most meteorologists use months. So summer is June, July, and August, and autumn is September, October and November. Makes tons of sense to me. That is what most people do too, I would imagine. Being a stickler, I tend to go with the astronomer's version, but only because it is canon. If someone else uses a different scale, I can "allow" myself to as well. Yes, I am that strange.

Clouds, somewhere over Arkansas or Texas

As a reward for reaching September mostly unscathed from the summer, I am setting myself the task of blogging every day this month, even the weekends. I'll try to have something interesting to say at least 80% of the time, and pictures too. I have a few more cloud pictures from the Hawaii trip, and now that cooler weather is a possibility (not necessarily a reality, but a girl can at least hope in September) there might even be hiking and the attendant pictures.

A quick reading update: I have read 96 books so far this year. At this pace, I will blow by my goal of 110 by the beginning of October. I might have to count pages next year though, because my count is a leeetle inflated by some of the manga and short graphic novels I have been reading lately. But page counts might be edging just a tad into obsessive, maybe...

No comments: