Friday, October 5, 2007

Rainbows and cookbooks


We have rainbows on our walls, thanks to a set of prisms on the windows. Mom gave me the prisms in a Christmas stocking a year or two ago, but until we moved into the house, I had nowhere to put them, since all of our windows faced one direction, and none of them got the right kind of light. Now, there are 4 prisms in the front windows that get morning light, and one in the bedroom. Like rain-caused rainbows, these are fleeting - they only last as long as the sun is coming from a certain direction (of course) but they are nice while they last. And they always come back.

I succumbed to temptation yesterday at the bookstore and bought a new cookbook - Moosewood Restaurant New Classics. Not a baking cookbook, although there are some baking recipes in it. It does have a very simple applesauce recipe (not that applesauce is hard in any recipe) that I am considering for this afternoon or weekend...Mmm. According to my parents, there was a time when I was a toddler when I would only eat applesauce and yogurt. Add a good loaf of bread and a cup of tea, and it still sounds like a good meal to me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And, it was homemade yogurt at that! We made gallons of it:)