Monday, October 29, 2007

Adventure report

Back from my trip across the state to visit with Catherine and Morrie. Apart from the rain that washed out our planned hike on Saturday (and then stopped just when it was too late to go), everything went well. The drive allowed me to see more of my new state, and the foliage. There were friends, good food, and a wriggly puppy - what more do you need for a weekend break? Saratoga Springs, where we spent Saturday and Sunday, was pretty, and warrants further investigation (preferably not in the driving rain!), as does Albany. I only got to see a bit of the downtown area of the latter during a nighttime walk, and would like to go back in the daylight to do some exploring. Fodder for future adventures!

Thanks again to Catherine and Morrie for putting me up and showing me around!

No comments: