Monday, April 16, 2012

Lettuce!


Here is a picture of the romaine lettuce in our garden for your Monday morning. It is actually bigger now, since as usual I am a week or two behind in posting my pictures. I have been harvesting individual leaves for out salads, mixing them in with other lettuces from the farmer's market, and it is wonderful. I love having fresh salad in my backyard. The plant in the upper left corner is bloody sorrel, or ruminex sanguineous. It is mostly used as a decorative plant, I guess, but I bought it as an edible, and put a few leaves in salads to add a bit of variety.

Sunday was my birthday, and it was pretty darn good. I made strawberry jam, played some tennis with Benjamin, had dinner with friends, and was not hit by any tornadoes. All good omens for this coming year!

No comments: