Monday, August 23, 2010

It's in the air

Fall here is still at least several weeks away, but it is coming.  The early morning smells much more autumnal than it did a month ago. The light slants in at a steeper angle and the sun rises later. Now, if only the temperature would follow suit.

We actually managed to get some house decorating done this weekend - the first since we moved in last summer. For some reason, I have been unable to get myself around to buying frames for some pictures and posters we wanted to put up, but I finally went to Hobby Lobby and bought some on Saturday. The two pictures are now framed and hung - one in the living room and one in the bedroom. Two of the posters are framed, but we discovered that the frames I bought have no way to hang them. Wha? Why would you sell a large frame without any way to put it on the wall? We are going to have to jury rig something, which hopefully not damage the frames. And I managed to break the glass on a third frame, so I have to go back next week. Now, if I can just get around to picking out a paint color for Kirby's room...

No comments: