Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Some days you are the cat...

And some days you are the mouse. Yesterday was definitely a mouse day. The best part of the day was the trip to the DMV to renew the registration for my car. It was quick, and apart from having to pay the registration fee, painless. I didn't even have to wait in line or deal with the stereotypical surly DMV worker. The woman who helped me was polite and efficient. But you know it is a bad day when the DMV is the highlight.

By the time I got home, I had a headache, a bad case of the grumps, and a need to lie on the floor, moaning and whimpering. The dark chocolate mint ice cream that should have cured anything didn't even help because I was not able to scoop it out of the container without throwing a scoop onto the floor. Then, after I stepped aside to let Benjamin finish the scooping, the first attempt to spoon some of the ice cream into my mouth ended with another dollop ending on the table and floor. Wah!


Today will be a cat day, even if it kills me.

No comments: