Monday, September 28, 2009

Weekend of Chores

I spent all day on Friday racking my brains trying to come up with something fun and exciting to do this weekend, but got nowhere. As it turned out, I needn't have bothered. It was a pretty good weekend, even without excitement. The weather was gorgeous, so I spent a couple of hours each day out in the yard, doing homeowner yard work. The back yard seems spacious, but doesn't really seem that big, until it is time to rake the leaves. That took 2 hours, and since I was foolish enough to do it in shorts, gave me a whole lot of spider bites.

On Sunday, I had to get out the ladder and get on the roof. Well, sort of. It was time to trim the crepe myrtles on the side of the garage, and the only way to see which branches needed to be trimmed was to get on the roof. Once the branches were cut down, I had to trim them all into small pieces to fit into the regulation yard waste bags. One of the last baseball games of the season was on the radio (via the handy laptop), so I had something to keep me occupied. I sort of felt like my dad - since that is a common weekend activity for him. All that was missing was the beard and baseball hat.

I also had time to do some cooking (hummus, quiche, ratatouille), shopping (nothing too exciting - groceries, pet supplies), and playing with the puppy (who, by the way, is doing nicely after his "little surgery" last week). Whew.

Still on the lookout for fun and exciting for next weekend though!

No comments: