Thursday, May 7, 2009

Iris galore

In the flower gardens surrounding the Arkansas Supreme Court buildings, there is one bed dedicated to iris. I started watching it earlier this spring, and finally had a nice day, the camera, and iris all at the same time.

There was a fantastic array of colors in the beds. The sun was a little too bright to get all the colors, but I think you can get the idea.

I am glad to know that iris can do well here. I intend to plant some in my future garden!

I love the ruffles and the streaky, vivid colors. All they need to be perfect is a good scent! I am sure they are gone now, since these pictures were taken a couple of weeks ago. The roses are blooming now, but it has been so rainy that I haven't had any chance to get out to take pictures. Maybe soon.

No comments: