Friday, April 17, 2009

On Turning 30

So, I turned 30 on Wednesday. I didn't immediately sprout wrinkles, and I didn't suddenly become wise. 30, it turns out, it an awful lot like 29. Huh. Actually, I sort of figured that out a while ago, when I started having friends who were 30+. What's the big deal then? I still get carded if I want to drink alcohol, I'll still get ignored by the sales people at obnoxious stores. Maybe the difference is that now I can look down from my lofty age and call people under 25 punks, and say things like "Kids today, I just don't understand them." And I don't. I may be tech savy, have a blog, use a cell phone, know what Twitter is, know how to IM, but I really don't understand a lot of younger people. Of course, I don't really understand people in general...

Anyway, I am 30, the sun is shining, the azaleas are blooming, and today, life is good.

No comments: