Saturday, May 3, 2008

May blossoms

Here are some pictures of the glories of spring. All except the first one are from my walk yesterday. It was a great day for picture taking - gray, so it wasn't too bright, and it had just finished raining. The only problem was the wind, which ruined a couple of shots by moving the flower just as I shot the picture.

A daffodil from our front yard. I love the yellow center in the middle of the very white petals.

Lilacs are starting to come out. Mmm... I love the smell!
The blossoms on an ornamental tree in the park across the canal.
The blooming trees (see blossom pic above) at the duck pond park.
A delicate pink tulip with a raindrop.

2 comments:

Annie said...

you take the most fantastic photos. What's the camera and lense?

Hope said...

It is just a Nikon CoolPix 3000 (which they stopped making right after we got it). It has a manual setting, so I can pick the exposure and stuff. But, it really doesn't do quite as much as I would like - someday I am going to get a digital SLR!