Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Pretty pictures

I promised to post some of my dad's pictures from Thanksgiving. He had so many good ones that I could easily eat up all my available space with them, but here are two good ones to start with. The one on the left is of the sidewalk on the way to church. We had a hard frost the night before, and all the leaves dropped at once almost. They covered the sidewalk and lawn so densely that you couldn't see them. The picture is more impressive if you see the full-sized version, but I think you can get the idea.

The picture below is from an early morning walk we took along the canal. There wasn't any wind, so the reflections were amazing. It was really cold, and I was getting hungry, so I almost tried to convince him to go home and come back later. I am glad I didn't - even if we had had another clear morning like that one, the canal level dropped about 4 or 5 feet, and the reflections wouldn't have been possible. Now there are even a few mud bars visible on the sides of the canal, where the rocks end. How low will it go, I wonder?
I will post some more pictures later in the week, and once Dad gets his own web site updated, I will provide a link so you can see more, in a bigger size.

No comments: