Tuesday, March 29, 2011

If I had three wishes

 Today is cold and somewhat dreary - especially after the taste of early summer we had last week - and I am in a dreaming and wishing mood. So, if I had three wishes, here is what they would be (at this particular moment, and based on the pictures I have available, and not counting anything silly like riches, world peace, perfect health etc. Hey, I am trying to be a little realistic here).

    I would be allowed to bring Miikka to work with me. Maybe not every day, but at least once a week. I mean, how can you say no to that face?!

    What could possibly go wrong?
     I would be able to visit the Washington coast any time I wanted to, without having to worry about plane tickets, days off work, or any such mundane details.

    Yes, even when it is cold and gray there too.
     My lilac bush would bloom all summer long, even when it gets up to 105 and hasn't rained for two months.

    I must really be dreaming!
    Of course, if you asked me tomorrow what I wanted, or even in an hour, I would probably give a different response. But that is what dreaming is for, isn't it?

    1 comment:

    Benjamin said...

    "Once upon a time, I, Zhuangzi, dreamt I was a butterfly, fluttering hither and thither, to all intents and purposes a butterfly. […] Suddenly I awoke, and there I lay, myself again. Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man."