Wednesday, July 22, 2009

More fruitiness


To continue the fruit theme for the week - Emily brought me some fresh blueberries, picked from the bushes in her yard. They are small blueberries, almost like huckleberries. When I saw their size, my first thought was "I have to bake something with these!" So, I did. Blueberry-lemon muffins from one of my Moosewood Restaurant cookbooks. Since Benjamin is still away and the camera is still with him, there aren't any pictures. You will just have to imagine them, and enjoy this picture of the 20 some pounds of raspberries my parents picked today. I'm jealous. Raspberries don't do so well down here. Ah well. Blueberries are pretty good too.

1 comment:

mdvlist said...

I'm jealous, too! I bought a pint of raspberries yesterday morning at a local farm, and they were so limp and wet that I couldn't even eat all of them before the bottom layer molded at the end of the day. At least I ate the better part of a flat when I was back in WA a few weeks ago.