Monday, July 6, 2009

I haven't given up!

I know I haven't posted much lately, but I've been busy...and yet haven't had much to write about. Moving is like that. I doubt you really want to read about moving boxes around, going to a new grocery store, and cleaning up after puppy messes.

This past weekend, however, we were busy doing fun things. On Friday, we took a few test drives of cars we might be interested in. I really liked the 2007 Honda Civic coupe - nice and zippy, and it has air conditioning! (Of course, any car we get will have A/C, but don't underestimate its appeal to someone who doesn't have it). In the evening, we met up with some friends at the Arkansas Travelers baseball game. It is the local minor league team, and because it was the 4th of July weekend, there were fireworks after the game. I don't have any pictures because I forgot the camera, but you can always go back to last year - we have started to make minor league baseball and fireworks a tradition. The fireworks are always good, the game is usually fun, and it is a great way to celebrate.

Yesterday we went on a 16.5 mile bike ride over the Big Dam Bridge and along the Arkansas River Trail. I do have pictures of that, but they are still on the camera. Later this week. About halfway through the ride, it started to pour. At first we thought about sitting it out, but when the rain didn't go away, we decided to keep going. I've never been bike riding in the rain like that - good thing it was warmish, because we were soaked.

And of course, we played with Miikka. He loves running around the yard, attacking sticks and your socks.

No comments: