Thursday, July 16, 2009

On my way to work today

...I saved a turtle from certain squashing and bought a bag of fresh peaches and still made it to work on time. The turtle was wandering in the middle of the road at the bottom of our hill. I stopped, jumped out of the car, and relocated it to the grassy side of the road. I don't know where it came from or where it was going, but the grass is a much better place for it than the pavement.

The peaches came from the little farmer's market that is in a church parking lot every Thursday morning. I would have bought more produce, except for the fact that I only had $5, and we are getting a bunch of stuff from our CSA tomorrow. Since it is peach season, I am going to have to go pick peaches soon, so I can can them for this coming winter. Mmm...peaches...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is one lucky turtle. So glad you are alert in the mornings!

I hope peaches are still available in 2 weeks. There is nothing like a freshly picked peach.
Mom