Monday, February 4, 2008

Knitting and the Super Bowl

I am sure that you experienced knitters out there could have told me this, but knitting while drinking margaritas is probably not a good idea. I was hoping to whip out one last baby wash cloth last night while watching the Super Bowl, but a combination of a margarita (I only had one! but it was on a mostly empty stomach) and TV distraction (favorite ad: Duane Wade and Charles Barkley fav 5) meant that I only got about 14 rows done, and then I noticed that I had an extra stitch, which threw off the whole pattern. I carefully unraveled 2 rows without finding the culprit, and then decided that, since it was the 4th quarter and I was tired, I would just scrap the whole thing. I will have to start over today. Sigh. On the up side, the Giants won - almost our home team (sorry Buffalo), well, state team at the moment.

And, I got my invitation to Ravelry - an invitation only knitting web site that Bonny Anne introduced me too. It looks like it could take up a lot of my time, if I let it. You can look for patterns, ask questions of other knitters, keep track of your projects and all sorts of interesting things. Since my projects are basically nil at the moment, as is my stash, I don't have much to record yet. If you are on, search me out.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Ooh! I'm still waiting for my Ravelry invite. I'll look you up when I get on!