Friday, February 8, 2008

Good music for your Friday

As I was eating breakfast this morning, a story about British female singers on Morning Edition caught my attention. All the singers mentioned - Amy Winehouse, Duffy, Adele, Amy Macdonald - get air time on my favorite radio show with Tom Morton (see my favorite things on the sidebar for a link). Not a clunker in the bunch, and no obnoxious, overly pop-y Britney wanna-bes. What was really interesting was that Benjamin and I had a conversation along the lines of the story just the other day...The only real problem is that apart from Amy Winehouse and KT Tunstall, all the others are only available as import CDs which means very pricey.

Anyway, here is the transcript of the story, but to get the whole feel of the music, you really have to listen.

No comments: