Friday, January 4, 2008

Resolutions and evil Republicans

I am not really big on New Year's resolutions, since I tend to make resolutions fairly regularly, and I don't think making them at this time of year is particularly special. That being said I do have a few that I will publish here in an attempt to make myself stick to them (and to keep up with Annie, who has already put hers up):

Do tai chi and/or nei kung every day. I was getting into a good groove before Thanksgiving, but then my parents came to town, and it was the holidays etc., etc., and I stopped. So, now that things may be returning to normal, I will try to re-discover that groove.

Read 100 books in 2008. I just counted, and I made it to 87 books in 2007, which is better than 2006, but not as much as I wanted. There really wasn't an excuse, since I have been unemployed, with plenty of time on my hands, since September. But I guess I was handicapped by graduate school for the first half of the year. Whatever. I will do better this year!

Not let my cats drive me crazy. Truly, I don't want to be a crazy cat lady, and it is going to take some will power to keep from letting them get to me!There are all the standard ones - eat right, lose weight, exercise more, blah blah blah. But those don't really belong on this list.

As for the Republicans of the post title: Neil, one of our philosopher friends, a political blogger, and a serious Buffy fan has posted this great list comparing the Republican presidential candidates to various Buffy villains. If you always thought there was something creepy about them, now you know why!

1 comment:

Neil Sinhababu said...

Thanks for linking, Hope! It's really been amazing how that post has caught fire in the livejournal world. We got 9000 visits the day it went up -- we used to be getting 400-500 a day.