Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Fall in the air

Yup, it feels like fall is just around the corner. Some of the trees are starting to turn, and we have had rain off and on every day since Sunday. I had to fight the wind on my bike ride this morning, and it was cold enough that I dug out the warm up pants. Last night, a strong thunder storm blew in, with heavy winds and rain. Because we are such softies, we brought Creamsicle (who I think I will rename Bella) into the garage - out of the rain and wind - and fed her.

We can't bring her into the house because of Cleo and Oliver - we don't want to expose them to anything she may be carrying, and they aren't fully inoculated against diseases, since as indoor only cats they don't come into contact with other cats. I think we are lost - if she is still around in a couple of weeks I will take her to the vet, get her checked out etc, and bring her into the house. Sigh. It isn't that I don't want another cat, but I did want a dog, and I don't really want to upset the balance between Cleo and Oliver.

I think I am going to go pick apples next week - then I will be able to make apple crisp, apple pie, apple sauce...

No comments: