Monday, August 30, 2010

Today I Love . . .


My new red shoes. I am usually not at all interested in footwear. It is a necessary evil that I have to put up with, something my feet wish didn't exists. So, apart from a good pair of hiking boots, I don't tend to have any shoe-related fantasies or desires. But recently, I have been pining after a pair of red shoes. Preferably shiny ones.


I am not sure how or why this obsession developed, but it certainly bit me hard. This weekend, I got a chance to go shopping with a couple of friends, and they must have been my good luck charms, because I found a great pair of patent leather red shoes, very similar to a $240 pair I had been drooling over online, for the sale price of $47. So now I feel like Dorothy - if only clicking the heels got me out of work and back home!

2 comments:

mdvlist said...

I LOVE them! Charming and bold, yet also comparatively practical. Very sensible heels. :)

Hope said...

Yes indeed Libby! A nice thick (so I don't totter around then fall down) heel. And the bottom is rubber. They are Eccos, so I know the quality is good.