Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Cherry Blossoms, oh my!


When I mentioned to a friend that I was going to DC at the end of March, she told me that I had to make sure to see the cherry blossoms. I looked at the cherry blossom festival website, and figured it would be worth a trip, but I didn't really think it would be all that impressive. I mean, so many festivals turn out to be disappointing. Well, I was wrong. The cherry blossoms were incredible.

S. and I ended up going to see them twice, once on Sunday when everything was gray and misty and dew-covered (see final picture), and once on Tuesday, when the sun was out and the blossoms were all fluffy.

There were a lot of people both times, out enjoying themselves and the sights. And I can't blame them. The only thing that would have made it better was if the cherry trees smelled as good as lilacs!

No comments: