Sunday, January 11, 2009

What did you cook this weekend?

This turned out to be a rather domestic weekend for me, or at least, I spent a lot of time in the kitchen. On Saturday I baked my weekly loaf of bread, made a batch of applesauce out of some old apples that were rolling around the fridge, and made hot dog buns to go with our dinner bratwurst. Today I made yogurt, bean and pasta salad for our lunches this week, and homemade pasta for dinner. Whew! Thank you Benjamin for doing the dishes tonight!

We have some good looking meals coming up this week - Swiss chard and carmelized onion soft tacos (with homemade corn tortillas and Swiss chard from our CSA), potato and vegetable quesadillas (with not homemade flour tortillas), potato and artichoke soup, and homemade macaroni and cheese (neither the cheese nor the macaroni are homemade). I am really looking forward to dinner!

No comments: