Thursday, January 8, 2009

I've been memed!

I've been memed for the first time ever by a square peg. I had no idea what that meant, so I had to do a little googling, and it turns out that a blog meme is sort of like a chain letter, only more fun, and less threatening (no bad luck if you fail to come through...) Here are the rules for the meme I have been tagged with:

1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.

So, six random things:
  • I can't stop myself from recommending books to people. It is a compulsion, an addiction. This morning, for example, I was getting my teeth cleaned and I ended up recommending a series to the hygenist. At the public library on Sunday, I recommended a book to a random patron who was asking the actual (i.e. employed at that library) librarian for help.
  • Before becoming a librarian, I worked as a receptionist at a wedding cake company, a finish sander at a construction company, a data entry clerk at a power company, and a transfer evaluator at UT Austin.
  • My favorite place on earth is the Olympic Pennisula coast of Washington. Closely followed by St. Andrews, Scotland, and anywhere without lots of people.
  • I don't eat shellfish. Not since we dissected them in 9th grade biology...
  • My husband and I have a vermicomposter (worm bin).
  • In 3rd grade, Annie and I wrote our own version of Horse Illustrated magazine, and included the following piece of advice (question and answer made up by us): Q: I really want a horse, but my parents say it is too much responsibility. How do I prove I am able to take care of a horse? A: Start small, ask for a hamster, and prove that you can take care of a pet. Then, once you have proved that, ask for a horse again.
So, there you have it. I am going to tag Bonny Anne, weaver, Neil, The Ethical Werewolf, Jennifer at Wuthering Iris, Nadia, and Tactless Wonder. The latter three were found using various favorites listed in my profile.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for playing! i've thought about making a worm bin--did you buy yours or make it?

Hope said...

We made our current one, but we previously had one that we bought. It worked much better than the homemade one, but it wasn't cheap. We only got rid of it because we were moving, and thought it would be easier to make a new one. Oops.

Anonymous said...

good to know:)