Saturday, September 20, 2008

Jaw-dropping Friday night

I am not the sort of person who uses superlatives about entertainment and experiences very often, but last night deserves them. We went to see the Golden Dragon Acrobats, a troupe of Chinese acrobats doing absolutely amazing things. There was the guy balancing on top of 8 stacked chairs, on one hand. The couple doing a lovely pas de deux where the woman went en pointe on his shoulder, and then on his head. Women juggling end tables, with their feet. My jaw was literally dropping and my mouth hanging open through much of the show. Take a look through the pictures on the web site. Amazing! The most fun I have had a show of any kind in a long time. If they come to a town near you, I would strongly encourage you to go. The big question I have after seeing it is why the Chinese gymnasts haven't won all of the gold medals in the Olympics, with a tradition like this.

No comments: