Friday, March 7, 2008

This and that (again)

It is a snowy Friday afternoon here in Brockport. In contrast to Monday, when he was in shorts, the mail man is all bundled up, as is my neighbor who just left to walk his dog. I will be too, in a moment, because I am going out for a walk in the snow (should have gone right after lunch, before it started, alas). We are going to a play tonight - good thing it is at the college at the end of our street, so we don't have to drive anywhere.

Benjamin leaves for Arkansas on Sunday, for an on-campus interview. He has another one the week after in New Hampshire. I get to go along for that one, since we are driving. Whee a mini-vacation! We ordered his graduation regalia today, even though we aren't yet certain we will be going to Austin for graduation. He is a PhD now, anyway, and will need it occasionally. Contrary to what I believed when I first started college, however, the regalia alone is not enough motivation to get a PhD.

I should go walk before I need snowshoes to do so.

1 comment:

Annie said...

I am ashamed to realise that I, too, wanted to get a PhD because I wanted the pretty pretty robes. In fact, at one point I had a university picked out on the basis of wanting the lovely, elaborate blue robes I saw someone wearing at my Mom's graduation.

For that I almost sent 7 years of my life? I could just pay someone to make them for me and wear them to parties!