Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I hate waiting


I hate waiting, any kind of waiting. To find out what will happen at the end of a book, to find out if I or Benjamin will have a job, for a new water heater, even for these spring buds to come up. I know there is joy in anticipation, and that delay can make the event all the sweeter, but I hate the pit in my stomach that comes from waiting.

As for the water heater, the plumber came on Monday, took one look and said "Yup, it's busted." Total replacement recommended. For some reason not explained to me by the landlady or plumber, the replacement couldn't be installed until next Thursday, over a week and a half away. Urgh. But last night the landlady called and said a possible replacement had been found and might be installed today. I hope so! I don't particularly want to continue to trek over to the gym to shower, especially if I have to start work next week...

At least the sun is out and the predicted snow last night came as rain instead.

No comments: