Thursday, April 7, 2011

Hang in there

Sorry for the radio silence over the past week. On Friday I flew to Arizona to visit my grandmother, mother, aunt and uncle. I have plenty of pictures of the gorgeous Sedona area to share, but they are still on the camera, and will most likely remain there until the weekend.

In the meantime, why don't you go do something that makes you happy? Or relaxed - like meditation. I have returned to meditation (I tried to make it a practice several years ago, then found tai chi and figured that counted enough, but now I think I need both) as a way to make myself a happier, nicer person, and to help me deal with some chronic health issues. I just finished reading (for what is surely only the first of many times) Full Catastrophe Living by Jon Kabat-Zinn, and I am working on following the 8 week program to develop mindfulness. For more information about the stress-reduction program that the book describes, check out the Center for Mindfulness at the University of Massachusetts Medical Center. I am at that stage of something where you want to tell everyone you know to do that program, so bear with me!

No comments: