Monday, July 26, 2010

Sorry

It has just been too darn hot lately. Even with air conditioning everywhere, it is just too hot. I mean, I go outside at 5:30 to head to the gym, and it is already 80. Or should I say, it still is? Since it never actually cools down during the summer here. And on top of the temperature, it is 85% humidity, which means I can break a sweat simply breathing. The long and the short of it is that the heat has sapped my will to live, or at least to blog or be creative in any way. This weekend, I really wanted to do some sort of creative project that didn't involve cooking (again with the too hot), but I just couldn't. I managed to spend a little time in the garden on Saturday morning, but most of that time was moving the sprinkler around so my plants don't turn into crispy little sticks (too late for some of them. Sigh). I went to the (air conditioned) gym. But no hiking, no painting of any rooms, nothing more strenuous or creative than vacuuming.

I'm tetchy and sleepy and bored up to my eyebrows with summer cabin fever, and it is all your fault, Mr. Sun! If the outcome of global warming is to increase the heat and length of our summers, I am going to be really pissed off.

No comments: