Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Fall is upon us!

Picture by Mikey

The hardest part about going for a walk at lunchtime on a lovely day is coming back inside. We have been having wonderful weather for the past week, so I have restarted my lunchtime walks on the days that I have to stay late. At the moment, the rose beds around the capitol are blooming, the sun is shining - but not too strongly - and there is a lovely breeze. Ah...

I am sure I will be doing more yard work this weekend, and I will be baking sourdough bread (just getting a new starter going, let's hope it tastes good), and maybe even making applesauce. It was cold enough last night to put an extra blanket on the bed, and I could see my breath this morning when I took Miikka out to go potty. No frost yet - we are too far south for it to happen this early, I think - but cooler weather is just fine by me.

I love fall.

1 comment:

Candace said...

Aren't these fabulous pumpkins! I love fall too....