Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Library Addicts Anonymous

Is there such a group? If not, there should be. I would join. No matter how much I tell myself that I am just stopping at a library to return a book, or because Benjamin needs something to read, I always come home with a book, or more often, several books. I have a physical bookshelf in my bedroom that is overflowing with books I want to read, and my GoodReads to-read bookshelf is closing in on 200 books (some of those books are the same, but not the majority of them). On Saturday, we went to the Central Arkansas Library System spring book sale. I bought more books, none of which were on my to read shelves.

I work in a library, and just walking from my desk to the break room can be a journey fraught with peril. I currently have 11 books on my desk: three to review for our new blog: ASL Ref Dogs, two that I picked up spontaneously because they looked interesting, one that I picked up to look at before passing on to someone else, two that I am actually reading, one I keep trying to start, and one I checked out last week, but haven't had a chance to start yet.

Must...try...for...moderation...Must finish at least one book before starting another....

1 comment:

The Goatherd said...

That's really funny. I was just thinking yesterday about how I needed to go on a book moratorium until I could finish the stacks of books on my tables that are unread. I'm glad I'm not the only one with more books to read than time!