Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Daylight Saving Time - it stinks

I hate Daylight Saving Time - not because I notice the lack of sleep, but because it makes a lot of people around me very sleep deprived and cranky. Benjamin always has a terrible time trying to adjust, and, judging from the grumbling of my co-workers, so do they. Actually, I don't entirely mind this change, because it also throws the cats off - instead of waking me at 5, they wait until 6, at least for a little while.

My personal objection centers more on the daylight aspect of it. While I enjoy the increase of light in the evening - we can got for walks, after dinner, in the light! - I seriously resent the lack of daylight in the mornings that comes along with it. Driving to work in the dark is a pain. And since I am not particularly far north, the morning light will never truly catch up to where it was before we switched.

1 comment:

Annie said...

i'm absolutely hating it too! Keep sleeping way late and feeling groggy, and it's only Wednesday...