Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Lilacs!

My lilac bush has just started blooming! I was worried it wouldn't do well this year, because we never got really cold this winter (and have now jumped straight to early summer), and lilacs like the cold. But, it is now blooming.

That is all. Return to your lives.

Oh, I hope to have a time lapse video of our garden soon. I now have a plant camera in my possession - it can be set to take pictures at a variety of intervals, for as long as you want (and the batteries and memory card last). Until this week I didn't have the memory card it needs to work, but now it is set up for a test run, attached to a bird feeder pole in the back yard and pointed at the vegetable garden. If you have been reading me for a while, you might remember that I did a picture of day thing for a little while when we lived in Brockport. Well, then I had to remember to take the darn picture. This way, I just have to set the timer, and let it go. I will check it this weekend, and if the results look good, I will set the camera back up and let it run for a while, taking a picture a day. This is a great time of year for it, with the garden just getting started an all.

1 comment:

Candace said...

Am waiting eagerly to see some time lapse garden!