Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Daffodils!


These are actually from a couple of weeks ago. Our spring is far enough along now that all the trees are blooming, and the daffodils around us have definitely passed their peak. That's too bad - I always wish daffodils would stick around longer. In college, I used to go to the store and buy several bunches at a time when they were on sale and put them all over my dorm room.


 However, spring also means it is time to start planting the garden. The lettuce seeds I planted a couple of weeks ago are up, and the carrots are about to sprout and the peas are in (although, they and the carrots probably should have been in a couple of weeks earlier). I have collards, onions and beans to plant too, and of course we will have tomatoes and jalapenos. Probably broccoli too, if we can find good starts. Ooh, spring!

No comments: