Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Blergh

I didn't watch or listen to the State of the Union last night (would have had to stick the TV antenna out the window to get a signal) - I can't stand all the applauding and all the meaningless political rhetoric. So I have nothing to say about that.

I didn't go to the gym this morning, because I am fighting a cold and decided that an extra hour of sleep would do me more good than going running. Since I made it to work, after feeling like I might not when I went to bed, I guess that strategy worked. But it throws my whole morning pattern off when I don't go in. I am generally a morning person, which for me means that I am awake and functioning as soon as the alarm goes off, but I have found that going to the gym greatly helps my attitude and ability to think straight too. No surprise there, I guess, since there have been plenty of studies and anecdotal evidence that exercise helps brain function. Anyway, when I don't go to the gym - like on weekends - it takes me a lot longer to get moving and feeling normal.

The sun is out and it is Wednesday. I have a job and a house and a loving family. So I guess all is right with my little world (apart from the nose blowing and coughing...)

No comments: