Monday, June 1, 2009

The month that everything changes

It is the 1st of June. By the end of this month, we should be home-owners! Assuming everything proceeds as it should, we will close on June 17th, and be moving in to the house the following weekend. Whew! And, if I have anything to say about it, we will be getting a puppy the weekend after that.

No, we haven't started packing. We've only been in our apartment for a year (less, actually), and we never fully unpacked, so packing this time shouldn't take too long. And hopefully we will have some help moving this time.

After seeing record numbers of bunnies on my walks last week, I didn't see any over the weekend. I guess I was just walking too late in the morning - they'd all headed home for a morning nap. Almost came home from the grocery store with a kitten though. Some stupid person had a litter in a cardboard box, and was using their children to try to get people to take them. I hate that! There ought to be a law against giving animals away. I wanted to take a kitten just to rescue it from their clutches, but I couldn't. Besides, there is no such thing as a free kitten.

No comments: