Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Libraries are dangerous

Especially for a book-addict such as myself. I can never resist browsing in libraries - even highly specialized ones that don't really have books on topics I can understand. When I go to the public library I have to look around, and often cannot resist checking out a few books even if I already have 10 books (ha ha, that is a ridiculously low number! My Goodreads to-read bookshelf has at least 70 books on it.) waiting for me at home. Thank goodness they are free and I am under no obligation to actually read them. Book stores are dangerous too, but not quite so bad, since I am also incredibly cheap, especially now, since we are trying to save money to buy a house. Anyway, libraries are dangerous, and I now work in one...

1 comment:

nina at Nature Remains. said...

I work in one, too.
And, if that's not enough time spent browsing shelves, I spend my days off (when I'm not hiking or photographing or writing!) in book stores.
Half-Price Books is my favorite--there's always a neat one I must take home to spend more time with!