Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Commuting to Little Rock

The commute to Little Rock can be a drag - lots of cars and trucks, and inexplicable slowdowns. People here slow down when they blink, it seems, and when the sun shines, and when it is cloudy, and if someone sneezed in the town nearest the freeway... You can see a little of the slowdown up above.
There are, however, some consolations. The view in the early morning light, with mist rising among the trees, is lovely. And since I am often slowed down or stopped, I can enjoy it. Yes, I took this picture while driving. I know, bad Hoperu... I am also able to listen to books on CD, and since I am in the car for an hour at a time, twice a day, I get through them pretty quickly.

So, today is the day - Election Day. If you haven't already voted, go vote! Stay in line, even if it takes hours - it is important!

No comments: