Friday, November 21, 2008

Friday again

It is Friday again. We have plans for tonight, but otherwise, I think we hope to have a nice, quiet weekend. There will be some grocery shopping, for next Thursday is Thanksgiving. We will not be having a turkey - too much food for two people - but we did buy a locally grown, organic, pastured roasting chicken. I have roasted a few turkeys, but never a chicken, so I am looking forward to it. I will probably make a pumpkin pie. I love pumpkin cheesecake, but again, with only two people, it is just too much - not necessarily in size, but definitely in calories. So, pie it is, made from scratch. A couple of weeks ago I cooked a pumpkin and pureed the flesh, so it is ready to go. And we will probably go on our now traditional day-after-Thanksgiving hike. It is a good way to avoid shopping and eating too much food.

No comments: