Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Where we'll be

After many months of work and waiting and tension, we finally know where we will be in the fall. Benjamin has taken a job at the University of Central Arkansas, in Conway, Arkansas. It is about 30 minutes northwest of Little Rock. It is a tenure track job, so we won't have to go through all of this again for a while. So, we will be starting a new adventure in August. Please don't mention the heat, humidity, snakes, tornadoes or floods - we've heard it all from my mom. The area is nice, close to the Ozarks, with many hiking and outdoor activities nearby. I should be able to have a great garden eventually, and we should be able to afford a good house.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I may have mentioned all of the details about snakes, etc. but I am thrilled with the prospect that you will be pursuing your goals:)
Love your mother!
Love,
Your mother:]

Anonymous said...

Hey! Congrats! That's a really beautiful part of the world. I'll have to come visit next time I'm on my way to Memphis!

Anonymous said...

Hey, tenure-track jobs for philosophy profs are a fine thing, wherever they may be! I have other friends moving down to Georgia this summer for the same reason (well, minus the philosophy part), so that means I will actually know multiple people in the south, after a lifetime of not knowing any. Maybe that means I'll have to go there one of these days?!

Annie said...

Awesome awesome awesome! I will totally brave the humdity to visit. I've never been to the south!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Benjamin! That's huge!

- Mulzer

The Urban Trail Runner said...

Congratulations to Ben! That is amazing news - and you'll have a new region of the country to explore, hopefully one you'll have a long time to settle in to.
That is great news!