Monday, April 14, 2008

What's on your list?

What is on your list of the signs of spring? Mine includes daffodils, robins, buds on trees, allergies, and cat hair. Yes, we know it is spring by the simple act of petting a cat and coming away with a handful of fur. I was petting Creamsicle yesterday, and ended up with ball of hair the size of a hamster. If only she would let me brush her, but I daren't risk the wrath of her claws and teeth. When Benjamin swept the floors for me right before Mom arrived, he was struck by the fact that you could tell which cat dominated which room by the color of hair in the pile (of course, I could have told him that, being the one who usually does the sweeping). When we had Smokey, he would start to molt around this time of year, and you could pluck out his undercoat in large clumps. Here is a picture of him during a rare Bellevue snowfall:

No comments: