Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Iris


Last year, a friend gave me some iris from her yard, and I planted them in our front flower bed. I wasn't expecting to get any flowers this year, but one of the plants surprised me with this beauty. I love the stripes and the creamy yellow interior.


My parents have come and gone, and the baby's room is now painted. The crib is assembled too, but that's as far as we got. This weekend, Benjamin and I hope to do some furniture shopping - for a bookcase for that room and a dresser for ours (so we can then put our old grad school dresser in the baby's room), at which point the room will start to look inhabitable. And I do have some decorative things to put up on the walls...eventually. What I am saying is, I don't have any pictures of the room yet. Soon.

No comments: